Edith Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HME)
AirLife™ Edith heat and moisture exchangers (HMEs) meet the requirements for adult and pediatric patients in the OR, ICU and other respiratory care environments. The Edith Trach was specially designed to support tracheostomized patients, allowing spontaneously breathing patients to benefit from heat and moisture conservation.
HMEs conserve a patient’s heat and moisture by capturing the heat and moisture from a patient’s expired breath and then release it into the next inspired breath. HMEs thereby help create normal conditions in patient airways and lungs, reducing the risk of breathing complications.
Features & Benefits
- Minimal and stable moisture loss over time, helping ensure that patients conserve adequate heat and moisture
- Low breathing resistance, reducing work of breathing for the patient
- Low weight, adding to patient comfort and safety
- Low dead space, helping ensure adequate patient ventilation
- Latex-free materials, offering safer use with all patients
- Transparent housing, helping to determine when to replace the HME
- Design compliant with ISO standards, standardizing connector sizing
Please note, all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative. The information provided in this site is intended for healthcare professionals.
The Latest News From Vyaire
On June 17, 2020, the Swiss Supreme Court denied an appeal brought by imtmedical ag regarding a long-standing Swiss patent dispute concerning certain flow sensor types.Read More