CHICAGO – May 14, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, announced today that Vyaire has been selected by the European Commission as a supplier of priority medical equipment to help address the COVID-19 pandemic. Under a framework contract Vyaire will be providing ventilators to EU Member States. The framework contract runs for 12 months and allows for the purchase of approximately 26,200 ventilators in total, based on ordering by the Member States.
“Vyaire is meeting the global challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, working hand in glove with governments around the world to ensure an adequate supply of ventilators and associated equipment immediately and in the months to come,” said CEO Gaurav Agarwal. “This framework contract offers a seamless purchasing path for EU member states to increase their supply of critical ventilation equipment needed as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves.”
Vyaire participated in a European Commission tender seeking production of invasive and non-invasive ventilators, including its bellavista™ and bellavista™ 1000e models.
Early in the crisis, Vyaire responded quickly to the urgent needs in Europe by leveraging its global distribution network to deliver bellavista™ units to the hard-hit areas at the center of the outbreak. Since then, Vyaire has been working closely with governments around the globe, suppliers and manufacturing partners to considerably increase production capacity to meet the needs of the pandemic.
Vyaire’s center of European operations is based in Basingstoke, England, and the company has direct presence in six other EU countries. Its workforce within the EU consists of more than 500 people and 100 business partners and distributors.
About Vyaire Medical:
- Vyaire is one of the largest global manufacturers of invasive and noninvasive ventilators and other breathing equipment purely focused on delivering solutions for respiratory care.
- Vyaire has been selected by the European Commission as a supplier of priority medical equipment to help address the COVID-19 pandemic, including as many as 26,200 bellavista™ ventilators and associated consumable products.
- Vyaire has been present in Europe since 1954 with manufacturing in Krugzell and Höchberg, Germany and Hirzel and Buchs, Switzerland with research and innovation centers based in Höchberg, Germany, Hirzel, Switzerland and Helsinki, Finland.
- The bellavista™ ventilation portfolio offers hospitals a comprehensive solution with integration of high flow oxygen therapy and advanced synchrony support for neonatal to adult patients in a single device. Clinicians can rapidly change therapies on a broad range of patients in an effortless way.
- Vyaire sells its products in all 27 EU member states and more than 100 countries globally outside of the United States, through a direct sales force, and indirect sales channels, fulfilled by its network of more than 400 distributors and business partners.
For more information, please visit our website, which will be updated as our pandemic response evolves: Vyaire COVID-19 Response Center.
About Vyaire Medical
Vyaire Medical Inc., a global company dedicated to respiratory care, enables, improves and extends lives with an unyielding focus on improving patient outcomes and increasing value for customers. The company consists of a conglomeration of well-known brands and was formed in October 2016 to serve healthcare providers with innovative devices and service solutions across the respiratory and anesthesia continuum of care. Headquartered in suburban Chicago, Vyaire’s legacy brands have a 65-year track record of pioneering and advancing respiratory diagnostics, ventilation, and anesthesia delivery & monitoring. From original brands — including Bird, Bear, and JAEGER to industry leaders AirLife™, Vital Signs™, Viasys, and many others — Vyaire Medical is recognized, trusted and preferred by specialists in respiratory and anesthesiology healthcare worldwide.
Learn more at www.vyaire.com.
VP Corporate Communications